Dynamic Memory Management (236780)
Instructor: Erez Petrank, erez@cs
Office: Taub 528, tel. 4942.
Reception hourse: Tuesdays 13:30--14:30
Teaching Assistant: Michal Friedman.
- I will hold a reception hour for the test on Wednesday Jan. 30th at 11am in my office (Taub 528).
- Question 3e in Exercise 3 has been cancelled, because it requires knowledge in decidability and
HISHUVIUT is not a prerequisite for this course.
- Lecture 9 has been reloaded with Observation 2 modified and all slides included.
- Question 3a in Ex2 was slightly changed. If you already solved it using the original exercise, then you do not need to re-do it. We will accept your solution as is.
- The lecture on Nov. 13th will take place in Ulman 102 as usual.
- There will no lecture in the upcoming two weeks. On the 30th there is a sabbatical due to municipal elections and on Nov. 6th I will be travelling.
We will meet again on Nov. 13th for the next lecture.
- The course will take place on Tuesdays
- Course syllabus
- Prerequisites: Algorithms 1 and Operating Systems
Each student will have to solve "dry" home
exercises and pass the final test.
A new book "The Garbage Collection Handbook: The Art of
Automatic Memory Management" just came out (see this link), and is available in the library.
An older book: Garbage
Collection: algorithms for automatic dynamic memory management by Jones and
Lins is also relevant.
A link to this book in the Technion libraries can be found here.
Check also Richard Jones's Garbage