Dynamic Memory Management (236780)
Instructor: Erez Petrank, erez@cs
Office: Taub 528, tel. 4942.
Reception hourse: Tuesdays 13:30--14:30
Teaching Assistant: Nachshon Cohen.
- On Tuesday July 5th 13:30--14:30 there will be reception hours before the test.
- There will be no lecture on Tuesday 14/6.
- There will be no lecture in the first week of the semester on Tuesday 15/3. The first lecture will take place on Tuesday 22/3.
- The course will take place on Tuesdays
- Ex 1. (Question 2, third part cancelled.)
- Ex 2.
- Ex 3. It is sufficent to solve 4 of the 5 questions (your choice). Solving the 5th question will give you more points (to a maximum of 100).
Question 4 item E assumes knowledge of HISHUIVIUT (which is not a prerequisite) and is therefore cancelled.
- Course syllabus
- Prerequisites: Algorithms 1 and Operating Systems
Each student will have to solve "dry" home
exercises and pass the final test.
A new book "The Garbage Collection Handbook: The Art of
Automatic Memory Management" just came out (see this link), and is available in the library.
An older book: Garbage
Collection: algorithms for automatic dynamic memory management by Jones and
Lins is also relevant.
A link to this book in the Technion libraries can be found here.
Check also Richard Jones's Garbage