Dynamic Memory Management (236780)
Instructor: Erez Petrank, erez@cs
Office: Taub 528, tel. 4942.
Reception hourse: Wednesdays 14:30--15:30
Teaching Assistant: Nachshon Cohen.
- Recetion hours before the test: Tuesday at 10:00.
- I elided slides from all lectures that I did not manage to talk about during the lectures. Please let me know if you think I missed anything.
- There will be no class on June 17th. We will meet again on June 24th.
- The course will take place on Wednesdays
10:30—12:30 in Taub 5.
- Course syllabus
- Prerequisites: Algorithms 1 and Operating Systems
Each student will have to solve "dry" home
exercises and pass the final test.
A new book "The Garbage Collection Handbook: The Art of
Automatic Memory Management" just came out (see this link), and is available in the library.
An older book: Garbage
Collection: algorithms for automatic dynamic memory management by Jones and
Lins is also relevant.
A link to this book in the Technion libraries can be found here.
Check also Richard Jones's Garbage