Candidates for Academic Positions
The Faculty of Computer Science at the Technion has a few openings for
tenure track positions (faculty members). Applicants are strongly
encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible, preferably
during October, and no later than November 30
of the academic year
prior to the expected appointment.
Applications should include:
- PDF file #1: Curriculum vitae and list of publications,
- PDF file #2: Research statement (description of research interests, past and current research, and goals for the future),
- PDF file #3: Teaching statement (including specific courses/topics the candidate is able to
teach: emphasis on basic (mandatory) CS courses, but also mention courses in the candidate's research area,
and other courses; not only courses that the candidate already taught), and
- Text or PDF file #4: Name, title, address, email and web page of at least four references.
Applications should be sent to Ms. Shoshi Fox (shoshi
cs.technion.ac.il), and cc the dean (Prof. Eli Biham, dean
- Please note that reference letters will be requested directly by the Technion.
The final list of recommenders will be compiled by the Technion, after consulting your list
and making our choices.
Do not ask recommenders to send reference letters yourself.
- Please mention your intended appointment date in your letter.
- Leading candidates are advised to visit the faculty and present a colloquium
talk during the candidacy period and possibly meet the dean and
faculty members - please contact Ms. Shoshi Fox for information and
organization of such a visit (all candidates' visits should be
coordinated with her, even if presented in another departmental seminar).
- We are interested in candidates in all areas of computer
science. Specific areas we are interested in include (but not limited
to) software engineering, computer systems, high-performance computing, networking,
databases and information systems, security, web, and related areas.
- For administrative reasons, we will appreciate if you will let us know (in your email)
if you apply in parallel to other departments at the Technion.
- Do not forget to list your phone number(s) and email address in the submitted material, so that we will be able to contact you when needed.
Post-Doctoral Research Visits
The Technion and the computer science department are regularly hosting postdocs.
For postdoc positions please contact a faculty member at your field who will serve as your host,
and will initiate the process at the Technion.