- On 15.6.16, the CGGC seminar will be given by Omri Azencot at 13:30, Taub 337.
- Omri Azencot has received the prestigious Prof. Rahamimoff Travel Grant for Young Scientists of the US-Israel Binational Science Foundation (BSF). Congrats Omri!
- Edward Chien (Department of Mathematics - Hill Center, Rutgers University) is visiting the CGGC and giving a lecture on 07.06.2016, at 14:30, Taub 337.
- Fady Massarwi and Jinesh Machchhar will present in the CGGC seminar on June 13th at 14:00, Taub 337.
- On June 5th, we will have a CGGC Seminar – M.Sc. Talk of Aviv Segall at 13:30 in Taub 401.
- On May 29th, our CGGC seminar will be given by Prof. Yongjie Jessica Zhang (Mechanical Engineering Department, Carnegie Mellon University) in Taub 401 at 15:00.
- Coming next, Our CGGC seminar will be given by Danielle Ezuz,(*Ph.D. Direct Track Seminar*) on 8.5.2016 at 13:30, Taub 337.
- On April 10.04.16, the CGGC seminar will be given by Dr. Stefanie Mueller (Human Computer Interaction Group, Hasso-Plattner-Institute, Germany) at Taub 337 in 13:30.
- Coming next, Our CGGC seminar will be presented on 30.03.2016 at 11:00 in Taub 337, by Jon Schull, the CEO of e-NABLE (a TCE visitor), whose helps crippled kids with 3D printed hands
- Prof. Justin Solomon (Electrical Engineering Computer Science Department, MIT) is visiting the CGGC (a guest of Prof. Miri Ben-Chen) for a professional exchange, during March 01-08, 2016. Welcome!
- The 6th annual international TCE conference (May 24-25, 2016) will focus
on recent trends in 3D Visual Computing: Graphics, Geometry and Imaging. Conference Chairs: Mirela Ben-Chen (CS Technion), Yoav Schechner (EE Technion)A complete program and list of speakers will be available on our website.Confirmed speakers include: Marc Alexa (TU Berlin, Germany), Thomas Funkhouser (Princeton University), Eitan Grinspun (Columbia University), Michael Kazhdan (Johns Hopkins), Niloy Mitra (UC London, UK), Marc Pollefeys (ETH Zurich, Switzerland), Helmut Pottmann (TU Wien, Austria), Srinivasa Narasimhan (Carnegie Mellon University).
- Coming up on 02/03/2016 at 10:30 in Taub 401 the CGGC seminar will be given by Prof. Justin Solomon, MIT (Department of Electrical Engineering Computer Science).
- Prof. Myung Soo Kim (Seoul National University, Korea), Prof. Maks Ovsjanikov and Etienne Corman(Ecole Polytechnique University, France) are visiting us during February 21-27, 2016. Welcome!
On Feb 22nd, we will have a mini-symposium held by 4 lecturers: Prof. Myung Soo Kim (Seoul National University, Korea), Mathias Höbinger (Evolute GmbH), Dr. Jinesh Machchhar (Technion) and Etienne Corman-PhD (Ecole Polytechnique University, France). See here for more information.
- Boaz Sternfeld joined the CGGC as our new lab engineer. Welcome Boaz!
- Coming up on December 2015, CGGC seminars: 06/12/2015, 13/12/2015
- Our next CGGC seminar will be held on 15/11/2015, 13:30, Taub 337
- Check out our new proposed projects for Winter semester 2015/2016.Have questions? Come and chat with us during the new projects fair on 21.10.2015.
- Inbal Barazani joined the CGGC as our new admin. Welcome Inbal!
- This year the CGGC lab will give the following courses:Gill Barequet:Winter: 236719 Computational geometrySpring: 238739 Discrete algorithmic geometryGershon Elber:Winter: 234325 Computer GraphicsSpring: 236716 Computer Aided Geometric DesignMiri Ben-Chen:Spring: 234325 Computer GraphicsNew projects for Winter 2015 coming soon!
- The paper "Functional Thin Films on Surfaces", by Omri Azencot, Orestis Vantzos, Max Wardetzky, Martin Rumpf and Mirela Ben-Chen has received the best paper award (one of three) at the SCA 2015 conference, LA, August 2015.
- Yoni Mizrahi has received the "Lior Merkin Memorial Award for Excellence in Mathematics” from the the applied math department at the Technion. Congrats Yoni!
- Omri Azencot has received the prestigious Adams scholarship for the academic year 2015/2016.Congrats Omri!
Jinesh Machchhar joined the CGGC group as Gershon's Post Doc. Welcome Jinesh!
- Omri Azencot has received the Jacobs-Qualcomm scholarship for the academic year 2014/2015.Congrats Omri!
- Ben Ezair joined the CGGC group as Gershon's Ph.D student. Welcome Ben!
- The paper "Precise gouging-free tool orientations for 5-axis CNC machining", by Yong-Joon Kim, Gershon Elber, Michael Barton, and Helmut Pottmann has received the best paper award, 2nd place, in the SPM 2014 conference, HK, HK, October 2014.
Welcome to the Center for Graphics and Geometric Computing (CGGC)!
CGGC based in the Technion's Faculty of Computer Science conducts basic research in computer graphics, solid modeling, geometry processing, visualization, and discrete and computational geometry. This research is applied to solve problems in a variety of application fields.
The Center for Graphics and Geometric Computing was founded in 2001 with the goal of becoming the hub of computer graphics and geometric modeling in Israel, both on the theoretical and practical levels. The research conducted by the CGGC faculty, their graduate students, and Center affiliates, is at the cutting-edge of academic research, while tuned to industrial applications.
The research spans a broad spectrum of disciplines, allowing computer graphics and geometry students to converge in a productive and stimulating environment. The Center collaborates closely with other leading faculties at the Technion - Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering - and with other academic centers in Israel and abroad.