There are currently several pre-doc and post-doc
positions available in the MINGLE network. If you are
interested in applying for a position, please contact
either the partner you are interested in or the coordinating
partner SINTEF, via
For other details about vacancies in the network, please visit
Research Training Networks.
- Doctoral research position in various aspects of mathematical
representations of geometry such as subdivision, triangulations,
morphing, compression, reconstruction from cross sections.
Contact: Nira Dyn
- A research student, either at pre-doc or post-doc level,
is required to work on one or more aspects of geometric modelling,
such as morphing, coding, and parameterization of triangle meshes.
Contact: Craig Gotsman
- Graduate student required to work with a small and innovative
software company, specializing in three core technologies:
Coin, TerrainView, and Rational Reducer.
Contact: Paal-Robert Engnes
In order that a young researcher, pre-doc or post-doc, can
be appointed in the project, the following conditions (laid
down by the EU) must be satisfied:
Currently (as of January 2000), the Member and Associated States
are as follows.
- the young researcher must be aged 35 years or less at the time
of his appointment by a participant (partner); and
- the young researcher must be a holder of a doctoral
degree or of a degree, obtained from a university or
equivalent institution of higher education, which qualifies
him to embark on a doctoral degree; and
- his appointment must be temporary and for a fixed term starting
after the project commencement date (15 January 2000); and
- he must be appointed specifically either to carry out research
associated with the project or to assist the principal
contractor in the scientific co-ordination of the project;
- he must be a national of a Member State of the European
Community or of an Associated State or have resided in the
European Community for at least five years prior to his
appointment by a participant in the frame of the contract; and
- he must not be a national of the state in which the
participant's team appointing him is located and he must not have
carried out his normal activities in that state for more than
12 of the 24 months prior to his appointment.
Austria, Belgium, Denmark,
Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg,
the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Bulgaria, the Czech Republic,
the Republic of Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Latvia,
Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia,