Romaji(ロマ字) to Kanji(漢字)
Do you want to write a short thing in Hiragana(平仮名), Katakana(片仮名) or
Kanji, but you lack the proper keyboard or software? If you have a Unicode font
with Japanese in it, this may be the page for you! Just type in the Japanese
text in Romaji and its Hiragana/Katakana will appear. If you typed a reading(読み) of a
Kanji, all possible Kanjis will show.
Do you have suggestions or remarks? If so,
please tell me
Data comes from
KANJIDIC Last Updated: 14AUG2004 Copyright (C) 2004 James William Breen.
See the kanjidic_doc.html file for full details.
2005. My conversion is released under the
GPL. If you think that the GPL
is incompatible with Monash University's copyright over the major part of this
work, your license to use it is now revoked.
- use single array for all lookups, in order to shorten this huge file. It
might be better to build the a array from the kd when this page first loads.
- design a better UI. this is totally incomprehesible.
- Fully support IE, and not just Mozilla and friends.
- Refer visitors to Jim
Breen's Kanji lookup which may be what they are looking for.
- search kanjis for all legal romaji (i.e. tu instead of tsu)
- think about how to handle romanization of multiple kanjis (tough one).
- consider having case-insensitive english search.
- separate different readings of a Kanji. use color? maybe write the reading in romaji.
- what are these T1 that appear in KanjiDic?
- think of better faster and cleaner roma2kana code. this one's ugly.
- Add a sponsored link.