CS Taub Building 733
Haifa 3200003, Israel
Prior to that I was a postdoc at Harvard SEAS, where I was affiliated with the Mind, Brain, Behavior initiative and worked mainly with Stuart Shieber. I was also affiliated with the NLP group and the CCNLab at Harvard.
During my postdoc I also worked with the Spoken Language Systems group at MIT CSAIL, where I completed my PhD under the supervision of James Glass. My PhD thesis analyzed internal language representations in deep learning models, with particular applications to machine translation and speech recognition.
Before coming to MIT I worked as a software engineer in IntuView while pursuing a Master’s in Arabic Studies at Tel Aviv University with a thesis on the Arabic dialect of Jisir izZarga. My undergrauate degree was in Mathematics and Arabic Studies, also at Tel Aviv University.
Note to prospective students: I am looking for motivated candidates to join my group. If you would like to pursue graduate studies with me (Master’s or PhD), please send your CV, transcripts, and example code projects to the following address: lastname at technion.ac.il. You should have prior experience (via courses, industry, independent study, etc.) in NLP and/or machine learning, preferably both. Information about the application process is available here. If you would like to do a postdoc with me, please send your CV, a list of publications, and (optionally) a short research proposal.
|Feb 2021||Giving a talk as part of the AAAI New Faculty Highlights Program.|
|Oct 2020||Joined the Technion CS department!|
|Sep 2020||New paper accepted at NeurIPS 2020 as a spotlight.|
|Jun 2020||Awarded the Azrieli Faculty Fellowship|
|Apr 2020||Three papers accepted at ACL 2020.|
|Jan 2020||Co-organizing BlackboxNLP 2020.|
|Dec 2019||Paper accepted at ICLR 2020.|
- Investigating Gender Bias in Language Models Using Causal Mediation Analysis, NeurIPS 2020
- Don't Take the Premise for Granted: Mitigating Artifacts in Natural Language Inference, ACL 2019
- Synthetic and Natural Noise Both Break Neural Machine Translation", ICLR 2018
- Analyzing Hidden Representations in End-to-End Automatic Speech Recognition Systems, NIPS 2017
- What do Neural Machine Translation Models Learn about Morphology?, ACL 2017
- Arabic Diacritization with Recurrent Neural Networks, EMNLP 2015
- Exploring Compositional Architectures and Word Vector Representations for Prepositional Phrase Attachment, TACL 2014