[4.25] What updates were made for the 12/04 release?
- In an attempt to stem the inexorable tide of spam, I've obfuscated the
email address of anyone who has contributed to the FAQ. The email addresses are
easy to decode, e.g., (NOSPAM)marshall(DASH)cline(AT)parashift(DOT)com
becomes firstname.lastname@example.org, though hopefully the spam-bots
won't bother (yea right).
3 New FAQs:
9 Changed FAQs:
- [2.2] What happened to the one-click-download option?
(added request to stop emailing me requests to send it manually)
- [5.2] How do I get other people to do my homework problem for me?
(duplicated the "Jack Klein" attribution that was in the recent changes section thanks to Daryle Walker)
- [6.5] Is C++ better than Ada? (or Visual Basic, C, FORTRAN, Pascal, Smalltalk, or any other language?)
(fixed a spelling error thanks to Gerriet Backer)
- [21.8] But I have a Ph.D. in Mathematics, and I'm sure a Circle is a kind of an Ellipse! Does this mean Marshall Cline is stupid? Or that C++ is stupid? Or that OO is stupid?
(added the paragraph on constant Ellipses thanks to Luke Palmer)
- [23.9] What's the meaning of, Warning: Derived::f(char) hides Base::f(double)?
(included a new example, changed the parameter types so the behavior seems more bizarre/ominous, and added a note about warnings not being standardized, thanks to Daniel Kabs)
- [25.3] So there are times when multiple inheritance isn't bad?!??
(fixed a typo thanks to Sumit Rajan)
- [27.1] What are some good C++ coding standards?
(added last few sentences on the Sutter/Alexandrescu book)
- [27.13] Are there any other sources of coding standards?
(added a bullet on the Sutter/Alexandrescu book)
- [28.4] Should I buy one book, or several?
(added last few sentences recommending purchase of a coding-standards book)